Ceramics Studio Assistant
Mao Projects is a ceramics art and design studio in Calgary that produces functional and sculptural works collected globally. Mao Projects is currently looking for a part-time (10-20 hours/week) team member with experience in ceramics to help with various tasks in our dynamic studio.
• Slip casting and hand building of the production wares, maintaining our high standards of quality.
• Assisting with the mixing of glazes and their application of them.
• Assisting with the loading and unloading of kilns.
• Help establish guidelines to streamline the production process.
• Maintain a clean and organized studio space.
• Other related tasks in the studio as assigned.
Mao Projects recognizes many types of experience, including academic, non-academic, paid positions and volunteer experience. For this position, ceramics experience of at least one year is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills:
• Minimum one year of ceramics experience, hand building, in particular, slip casting is also an asset.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience or interest in product photography and styling, this is not a requirement but is an asset.
Benefits of working for Mao Projects:
• Flexible hours.
• Competitive wages.
• Two studio cat co-workers :)
• a resume
• a website/social media link to your work OR a small PDF portfolio of your ceramic work)
please email Mao Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted no later than September 30, 2022. Late applications will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Mao Projects, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.